Monday, August 18, 2008
Greek Scrambled Eggs
Great scrambled eggs recipe to try...Greek Scrambled Eggs. A delicious one !
* 8 large eggs 1/4 cup milk
* 3 Tablespoons minced fresh mint
* 2 Tablespoons finely chopped scallion
* 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon minced oregano
* salt and pepper - to taste
* 1 Tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) spinach
* 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1 cup diced tomatoes
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Add the mint, scallions, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper and mix well.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and saute the spinach until nicely wilted - about 3 minutes. Pour the egg mixture over spinach.
When the egg begins to set, start scrambling the eggs by stirring and breaking apart the curds of set egg as they form.
When the eggs are almost completely set, turn off the heat. Add the feta cheese and continue to stir and scramble for 30 seconds until well combined and the cheese starts to melt. Add the tomatoes and stir a couple more times to blend.
Serve immediately....and its ready to serve...nice tasting scrambled eggs the Greek way !